New Orleans Music Heritage Tour
Dig into the musical history of New Orleans with this 2-hour music and heritage tour. Listen to songs and the stories behind them as you learn more about the immortals of blues, jazz, gospel, and rock n'roll that have been a part of this city. Hear about Louis Armstrong, James Booker, Fats Domino, The Meters, Allen Toussaint, Professor Longhair, Buddy Bolden, Mahalia Jackson, and many others who are part of 300 years of musical heritage.
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Led by a local guide
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: French Quarter, New Orleans, LA
Cross Esplanade then turn on Chartres Street and pay a visit to the boyhood home of Danny Parker. Along with his rambunctious and bawdy-singing wife Blue Lu, we learn how a single man can save New Orleans Brass Band heritage. Next are stops in the Place de Armes, Preservation Jazz Hall, a stroll down Bourbon Street to Mister New Orleans, and J&M Studios - the 'Home of Rock N' Roll.'
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Preservation Hall, 726 St. Peter Street, New Orleans, LA 70116-3182
Sandra and Allan Jaffe visited on their honeymoon and found their life giving home at Pres Hall. Visit the gift shop and take a photo while here.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Louisiana Music Factory, 421 Frenchmen St, New Orleans, LA 70116-2039
Our starting point just outside the French Quarter is my favorite record store. Everything we talk about on the tour, you can get here!
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Bourbon Street, New Orleans, LA 70130
At one-time Bourbon Street was the most musical street in the world! Cats like Louis Prima, Al Hirt and Pete Fountain blaring Jazz through the hot, wet,night air. Saunter or sashay with us as we hear Basin Street Blues blowing on a Clarinet.
Stop At: Louis Armstrong Park, 901 N Rampart St, New Orleans, LA 70116-3086
Stops in Armstrong Park include Congo Square and the Louis Armstrong statue. While in the Treme, America's 1st African-American neighborhood, you'll hear about their influence in New Orleans music and heritage.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: New Orleans Music & Heritage Tour, 421 Frenchmen St Louisiana Music Factory, New Orleans, LA 70116-2039
Meet your guide, Keith (a Louisiana record man with more than 20 years record business experience), at the Louisiana Music Factory on Frenchmen Street - the most musical street in New Orleans. The aural-visual walking tour is accompanied by Bluetooth speaker capability to provide musical accompaniment of the artists and locations along the tour.
Spend appr. 2 hours and a dozen songs while we walk through historic New Orleans 'faubourgs' (neighborhoods) ie; Marigny, French Quarter and Treme, Spanning space, time and genres we learn 300 years of New Orleans Music & Heritage.
Duration: 2 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Louisiana Music Factory, 421 Frenchmen St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: 712 Royal St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
- Experienced guide
- Entry/Admission - New Orleans Music & Heritage Tour
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- NO TOURS Until Orleans Parish has returned to Phase 3. Target date July 23, 2020.
Average 4.77 out of 5 stars based on 35 verified reviews from Cool Cancun and TripAdvisor
We had a great tour, he was very knowledgeable and friendly. The group had a great time with him. Would do the tour again.
Keith is a wealth of knowledge on history and music. Relaxed pace and a refreshment/restroom break. Would highly recommend to anyone with any interest in the history of NOLA music.
What a great day learning about New Orleans and the music heritage. Very fun just not long enough to learn everything he had to teach us.
We enjoyed this tour. Keith is fun and knowledgeable about the history of music in New Orleans. He took great pictures for us and help us understand the music scene in New Orleans. If you like music and history, this tour is a great mix.
Enjoyed this walk through the French Quarter and Frenchmen’s Street. The guide was friendly and very knowledgeable. Great fun listing to the music he had with him as week soaked up the feel of the French Quarter. Abvious the Guide loved the subject of Jazz!
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814 COOL to speak with a Destination Specialist
Product code: COOL-18254P1
Similar Tours & Activities